At Caritas Bakhita House, we provide women escaping human trafficking with the safety and support to allow them to begin the recovery process.
A small but growing number of trafficked and enslaved people are being rescued and what they need is rehabilitation and protection … not moral condemnation or criminalisation.
Bakhita House staff coordinates a team of over 30 volunteers from a variety of religious congregations as well as lay volunteers. They provide the following services to our guests:
- Assisting with coverage at the house
- Providing transportation
- Accompanying guests to services
- Offering on-site life skills and social skills training
- Providing specialized counseling
- Engaging in advocacy efforts
- Fund raising
Volunteers receive training and are encouraged to be non-judgmental in their interactions with guests, providing an additional layer of care, support, and community at Bakhita House.